Friday, June 28, 2013

Yes, it's been a while. I'm done wallowing in those rejection letters. Now I'm still awaiting replies from agents while I query more of them.

In the meantime, here are some writing links I found useful:

On introverted writers

Tips for writing a really good "shitty first draft" from Writer Unboxed

12 Famous Writers on Literary Rejection, from Aerogramme Writers' Studio

Lately, I've been drawing inspiration from classic children's stories like Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. Ever since I saw this picture of Super Junior member Lee Donghae, my mind has latched onto the idea of a modern Peter Pan.

 
And:
 
 

Doesn't he look just like a Peter Pan? That twinkle in his eye and that smile! *fangirl mode on*


And then there's this quote from J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan:

 
 
 
And this, from Alice in Wonderland:
 
 
 
  
Gotta love magical realism - there's just something comforting and promising about them. This is the vein I've been writing in for UNTIL MORNING, the first draft of which I completed a week ago: whimsical, romantic, funny and somehow sad. At least, that's how I hope it turns out.


Next up, I'm finally going to try and finish writing FIFTEEN MINUTES DOWN SUNSET AVENUE, after letting it languish in My Documents folder for too long as I worked on BLOOD PROMISE and UNTIL MORNING. Until then, Peter Pan can wait.

No comments :