Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Another rejection slip

Hi Joyce,


My apologies for the long delay! Thank you so much for the chance to review BLOOD PROMISE. While we loved the concept and your interesting take on fairies in a rapidly growing genre, ultimately I didn't connect with the manuscript as much as I wanted to. April's voice and your writing were really beautiful, and I found her parts of the story compelling, but I felt somewhat disconnected from Sean and Ian. However, another agency may feel differently, and you're definitely a talented writer; I wish you the best of luck in your search for representation!

Regards,
Isabel



And here's basically me after reading the email:


 photo 2011_siwon_whyyyy_zps2e7dce97.gif


Whyyyyyy?! Why don't you love it? Why don't you believe in it? Why don't you want to represent me?! Whyyyyyy?!


Excuse me while I crawl into a hole and wallow for the rest of the day. Don't mind me, I'll be (almost) fine by tomorrow.


No comments :