Thursday, July 31, 2014

Can you tell I'm on procrastination mode?

UGH. Thanks to my general laziness and obsession with pretty faces, I failed to come up with a short story for this week. I keep vowing to get off Tumblr and Pinterest, but damn those pretty things. Namely, this:




Ugh, you're a life ruiner. I hope you know that.

Although I wasn't COMPLETELY idle. I'm almost done rewriting Blood Promise! Added one major character, dug into one of the main ones and ripped out his guts, and thickened the plot. All that's left to do now is rewrite part of the climax and denouement, and trim and tighten the entire manuscript.

Hopefully, I can complete all that in a week. I've dragged this on for too long. Damn distractions.

Promise - PROMISE - I'll finish up the rewrites in a week. And then after that I can work on some short stories!


*


And now, please allow me some time and space to unleash my inner fangirl.

SUPER JUNIOR IS BAAAAAACK! With their 7th album! After two years! Much excited! Can't handle! Will implode in minutes!







Yes, these are the dorks I'm in love with.

Now that their leader is back, 7th album let's go!


*


Speaking of fangirl, I've finally gotten started on Rainbow Rowell's book.


It's been on my to-read list for the longest time, but there were just so many books in the way. Please don't disappoint, Fangirl!


Hope you're having a lovely week! :0)

(Also, promise: longer post next week!)

2 comments :

minicolee said...

Hi there! This is non-related to your post hahah but I spent a good bulk of my sleeplessness last night reading about your Cosmo internship and your road to publishing LAMBS FOR DINNER. And god I am so proud of you. You're a dream chaser and my inspiration. I don't know how you found the iron will to follow your dreams despite the sick, sordid reality in Singapore but I'm glad you documented it. You are giving many hopeless writers hope.

Thank you for you and I hope whatever you're doing now makes me happy beyond measure.

Joyce C said...

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving such a sweet note! I'm so glad my ramblings managed to inspire you some :)

It's crushingly difficult to not just pursue, but also survive on, an artistic endeavor in pragmatic, number-crunching Singapore. My will is hardly iron-clad. There are times when I felt like giving up completely, because it seems so hopeless. But I've found that in times like this, it is all the more important to hold on to your dream and make it a reality in whatever way you can.

So keep those words flowing and ignore those who try to drain you! All the best in chasing your dreams! I'd be happy to stay in touch if you need an "ally". Haha :)

Cheers,
Joyce