Sunday, December 14, 2014

when not writing, I am planning an itinerary


It's mid-December already?! How did THAT happen? Where did 2014 go??

 photo donghae amazed 3_zpsks55xobh.gif
Donghae is as amazed as I am. Except consternation looks better on his pretty face.

It's always as the year wears on that you get more disillusioned. Not only did I not accomplish any of my goals, I'm falling behind on my word count. Why, Joyce, WHY. Procrastination is a terrible colour on you. All those time you were waiting for the muse to strike - keeping unnecessarily busy with creating playlists for your stories, decorating your room, looking for new music, and reading (mean and scary) reviews on Goodreads - you could have plowed through your sucky writing and found a way through your manuscript.

It was around this time last year that I started on Neverland, and I'm STILL writing it, STILL haven't written its ending even for the first draft.

 photo siwonwhuuut_zps61e7d8aa.gif
Don't judge me, Siwon!

It's one thing to write at your own pace, and another to put off writing it because you're afraid you'll fail again like you had the first two times (Neverland is at Draft 3 now).

Good thing for good books in the meantime.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15818357-dreams-and-shadows

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14061955-siege-and-storm?from_search=true

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9361589-the-night-circus?from_search=true

*

Also, I'm planning for a trip back to Korea next spring!!

Truth is, I'm a travel noob. I've never travelled free-and-easy before. It's just easier to have travel agencies plan everything nicely for you. But I really want to learn how to plan a trip from scratch, get around on my own, and explore places I wouldn't get to see on a package tour. Everyone I know travel on their own in their twenties. I mean, what better time to do that, right?

And where better to visit than the land of K-pop? Yes, I have become a legit fangirl and I'm not going to be ashamed about it. So I like K-pop, I enjoyed Korea the last time I was there, and now I'm going to make this spring 2015 trip happen.

 photo donghae dorky yeah_zpszbsxuxqa.gif
Donghae approves, obviously

But there are so many sites for flight and accommodation deals and so many places I want to visit and things to take note of (public holidays, for instance - you do not want to jump into the fray at train stations or the airport), transport preparations (e.g. buying train tickets beforehand) that quite frankly I'm getting inundated by it all.

So if you have any tips on flights, accommodation, places of interest, and getting around (we're planning to travel around Seoul, Busan and Jeju), do share! All help will be greatly appreciated by this travel noob :0)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments :