Saturday, March 28, 2009

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. ~ Anatole France.

Just had to start out this post with something cheesy but inspiring. So I've been querying more literary agents again - this time from the UK instead of the US - since I haven't heard a reply from the local agent/publisher I mentioned previously. Guess that's disinterest if I ever saw it. Sigh.

Been reading Kerouac's On the Road, which was basically what Supernatural was based on: two guys on a road trip through the dusty backroads of America. And can I just say that Dean Winchester's completely like Dean Moriarty from the book - the penchant for girls and booze, and the frivolous lifestyle. It's amazing. Kerouac's writing style is kinda like JD Salinger's, a lot of monologue, but it's okay, because the narrator's not speaking in a convoluted manner with lots of big words. I was sorry The Catcher in the Rye had to end so soon; Holden Caulfield is such an authentic character, sort of an anti-hero that you love despite his flaws. Like Dean Winchester. *wink* Of course, it doesn't hurt to have someone as hot as Jensen playing him. But I digress.

Went out with the gang the other night, and I guess it was watching the funny scenes from Gilmore Girls and Supernatural on YouTube that made me really high the whole night. The rest of them thought I was going nuts and planning my suicide the next day. Look who's being melodramatic now. Lol.

You know, just a random thought. I have really got to stop saying lol. I don't know why I should, but I just think I should. Okay, like I said, random.

No comments :