Wednesday, February 01, 2012

It always feels anticlimatic after Chinese New Year. Gone are the days of the house being filled with sonorous relatives, the infectious festive buzz and the sound of melon seeds being cracked. Till next year. In the meantime, back to the grind. The refrigerator is still choking on mandarin oranges, and I'm doing my best to relieve it of them.

This semester, as expected, is one of the busiest ones I've experienced since my freshman year, mainly because I'm taking all five level-3 modules. That wouldn't be a problem, if it weren't for the group projects we're required to do. Group projects are almost always a pain, because of all the schedule-coordination and discussions we have to do. If I had my way, all the work will be done within the first week we're told of our assignments. But it is what it is, I guess.

Still, final semester! Four more months (and one extra term because I need to clear one last module to fulfil all my module credit requirements) and I'll be bidding school life goodbye. On the one hand, I'm excited to start earning a steady income. On the other, I'm dreading the entry into the cruel world. Of two minds? No, just eager for change and afraid of it, like we all are.

Unfortunately, much as I'd like to go on a self-indulgent soliloquy about post-graduation emancipation, I have four papers and three presentations to work on, as well as countless readings to catch up on. Till next time, then.

No comments :