Wednesday, April 29, 2009






















Lately, I've been revisiting my childhood by re-reading the books I read then. I'm re-reading The Doomspell by Cliff McNish, The Prophecy of the Stones by Flavia Bujor (she's French, and only fifteen when she published her book *sighs in envy*), and Island of the Aunts by Eva Ibbotson. See? All children's books. But they're really good: rich in plot with believable, formidable villains and protagonists you just can't help rooting for.

For anyone who loves fantasy stories, you should try The Doomspell. It's the first book of a trilogy, and I SO wanna buy the whole series. I remember I was so hooked onto it the first time I read it when I was 11, that I hid under my bed and immersed myself in it for the entire afternoon. And I remember I read Island of the Aunts when I was 13, by recommendation of Stacy. Ahh, good times.

I have about an hour more before I have to get ready for work. So the interview went well yesterday, to my chagrin. You know, the interview for my admin job with SMRT. But on the bright side (yes, I am surprised there is one), that place is near Bishan MRT, which is rather near the swimming pool. So at least I'll be able to go swimming after work. Well, a glimmer of hope is better than nothing, right?

Later. xx

No comments :