Friday, April 24, 2009

Thanks to my current job, I'm getting quite good at Solitaire now.

That's ... good news, I suppose, if you can look at it that way.

But there's a bad piece of news. My dad's friend recommended me a temp job, and my dad's all for me going for it. But wait, it's an ADMINISTRATIVE job. Ie, BORING. 8.15 in the morning to 5.45 in the evening. My whole day will practically be GONE. No more free time, no more time to write, no more time to swim, and no more time to YouTube. This is supposed to be my holidays. Can't I at least get a job I'll enjoy doing, and that also allows me to have some free time to do the things I want to do?

There's a reason why I never applied for any admin jobs, hello. But my dad's like, so you're going to laze at home for the rest of your holidays, is that it? Duh, NO. I'll go LOOK for a job, don't get your boxers in a twist. Plus, my dad thinks I should go for it also because it pays well. Look, I'm not one of those pragmatists, all right. I don't work for a job I dislike because the pay is good. And dad was all, oh it's just a temp job, just bear with it. Uh, bear with it FOR WHAT? For less time to write my novels? For less time to swim? For a thousand-odd dollars a month? For being stuck in a stale office five days a week?

SMRT can just not hire me for all I care. I mean, I'm sure the people there are nice and the job may not be as sucky as I'm making it out to be, but this is just really not for me, okay? SO STOP FORCING ME TO TAKE UP THE DAMN JOB!

I'd rather work in the retail line than in an office. At least you get to people-watch, and interact with more people. And you get to work shifts, which offers you some free time, at least.

Sigh. I hate this.

Anyway, on to more upbeat topics. Anoop and Lil Rounds are out! I know I probably shouldn't be so triumphant about that, but frankly, Anoop is a very boring singer (ever notice how every one of the songs he sings sounds alike?), and Lil just needs to stop screaming and start singing. I hope Matt will be out next week, and then Danny, and then Adam will win Idol, and Kris will be second, and Allison third. Allison did well last night, and so did Kris (of course! Not only is he hot, he's a talented singer as well). Adam - duh. He always does well, even when he sang that weird Crawl Through Fire (can't really remember the title, but the song had a Middle Eastern vibe) during COUNTRY week.

I've got 'Kiss the Girl' (you know, from The Little Mermaid) replaying in my head now. Gotta love the Jamaican crustacean! Oh, have I mentioned before how I think Prince Eric is the hottest prince of all Disney princes? ;) And the Beast from Beauty and the Beast ... Wait, I think I've said all this before.

See, blogging makes us such self-indulgent creatures. I have got to get out of my head.

I'm off work tomorrow, by the way.

Not that anyone but me cares.

Why am I even keeping a blog?

Anyone got any good books to recommend? I'm reading One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell (author of Sex and the City, and Lipstick Jungle) currently.

Whatever.

Have a good night.

No comments :