Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This quote cracks me up: Blogging - Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few. You realise it's kinda true too.

And I shall reinforce that idea by coming up with a random list. Because not only am I feeling guilty for not blogging for such a long time, I am also... Okay, wait. I'm coming up with this list only because I'm feeling guilty. Makes you wonder about the point of keeping a blog, doesn't it?

Anyway,

1. I need a haircut. Or at least thin my hair. This crazy-hot weather is forcing me to pull my hair into a ponytail all the time, and keeping my hair up makes my face look round/fat/wtv.
2. Why am I wasting my time talking about my hair when I'm supposed to be working on my story?
3. There's nothing good on TiVo today. CSI and Bones are boring. I'm just so not a forensics/murder-mystery person.
4. I prefer Adam Lambert with his Elvis hairstyle. That spiky punk-rocker look is so two minutes ago.
5. Why are we here? What are we here for? To get a graduate degree so we can spend our time cooped up in a cubicle and wear boring pencil skirts and heels from 9am to 6pm every weekday, just to earn a few thousand dollars ... for what? Bags? Shoes? A flat-screen? And then what? Find a partner, create a family, sink into a humdrum existence and do the same things you've been doing your whole life, only now you have more people around you demanding for the things you initially thought you wanted?
6. What I need right now is a nice bowl of cereal/muesli with milk and oatmeal. Yum.
7. No, actually, what I need right now is for one of the 'interested' agents to give me a positive response to my manuscript.
8. I hope I get to work at the Customer Service level (level 5) at Isetan for the IPC job. Because that level always looks so pretty, with the children's clothings and housewares.
9. Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid has to be the hottest prince out of all the Disney princes. I was just watching that show again this morning, over my bowl of cereal. Mm, that inky dark hair, and that firm body, that white shirt that not only contrasts with his hair but also shows off his taut chest...
10. Ariel has to be the dumbest princess of all the Disney princesses. You say you're in love, girl? You do realise all it took was a glance at him and you thought he was beautiful, don't you? Honey, I don't think that's called love. It's infatuation. Even I know that. But then again, you're 16.
11. Is Lucas a nicer name than Jacob?
12. I need song recommendation - I am quite tired of my playlist. Don't get me wrong, Iron and Wine and AC/DC are great, but there's only so many times you can stomach California by Phantom Planet, or Starry Starry Night by Don McLean.
13. Why does Melinda Clarke always play those slutty roles? The Siren from Charmed and Julie Cooper Nichols from The OC. Just a random thought.
14. The Reaper is my new addiction. It's about this guy whose parents sold his soul to the Devil when he was born and now he has to be the Devil's bounty hunter to bring escaped souls back to hell. I'm all for the frat-boy humour and uproarious dialogue. But I don't think Bret Harrison is all that cute, really. Plus, his voice keeps breaking. It's like he's stuck at 12 years old or something.
15. I always thought Aurora was the prettiest Disney princess (why am I back on this subject?), with her pretty face, long blonde locks tumbling down her back, and that chic grey dress.
16. But the best Disney cartoon has to be Pocahontas. I love the messages it sends out - interracial romance, the futility of coporate greed against what really matters (You can own the Earth and still/ All you'll own is earth until/ You can paint with all the colours of the wind). Plus, the romance is believable, and the dialogue schweeeet:
Pocahontas - It would've been better if we never met. None of this would've happened.
John Smith - Pocahontas, look at me. I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.
Pocahontas - I can't leave you.
John Smith - You never will. No matter what happens to me, I'll always be with you, forever.
That is so my favourite part out of every Disney movie ever made.
17. I don't have anything against Lil Rounds apart from the fact that she makes my ears bleed everytime she sings.
18. Allison Irahyeta's Don't Speak by No Doubt was horribly off-key when she got to the chorus. She's just not good enough.
19. I miss SAJC. Good times.
20. Yoga sounds boring. Besides, who wants to be stuck in a steam-room with other sweating people for two hours? But I have to say, most people who do yoga have toned butts. But then again, you can get a toned butt from swimming, walking, running... Wait, running makes your thighs and calves big. Oh well. Nothing beats swimming.

You know, I think that quote is right about the fact that we bloggers have pretty little to say. Okay, this blogger, at least. What you just read is a rather - rather? try very - self-indulgent drivel about everything and nothing in my life. Thank you for your time, but then again, if you've come all the way here, you must have had a lot of time to spare in the first place. So thank you for thinking of my blog when you needed something to burn away those extra minutes you didn't know what to do with. Have a good day.

No comments :