Monday, July 27, 2009

Don't you just hate it when the weather disrupts your exercise routine? I was in the middle of my swim just now - only 22 laps, 8 more to go! - when dark clouds gathered at an alarming rate, and it soon began pouring. Being the typical kiasi Singaporean, I stopped for fear of getting struck by lightning. After 15 minutes of waiting, the rain ceased a little, so I swam 16 more laps. The extra 8 laps were to compensate for the waiting time. See, that's why it's annoying when the weather disrupts your exercise routine. Ah well. It's the weather; what can we do? We are but pawns on this wild, wonderful, unpredictable world.

Anyway. Caught Pocahontas on Saturday evening on TV. And have I said before that it's the best Disney movie ever made? Such an epic love story, and all the impactful messages it sends out. They don't make em like that anymore. Now, it's all the High School Musical and Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place trash. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone by saying that, but that's really how I feel. It's so senseless and pointless. Oh, John Smith. I totally cried at the last part, where she ran to the edge of that cliff and waved that special goodbye to him. And also when she repeated what he said about being with him no matter what happens, forever. Sigh. They're the most believable couple in Disney. Aladdin and Princess Jasmine weren't quite so believable. Just one magic carpet ride and they're in love. And if you think about it, Aladdin fell for Jasmine at first sight. No such thing, sweets. Plus, Pocahontas has a rocking soundtrack. I love that part where Pocahontas said, "This is where the path of hatred has brought us," and her dad, the village chief, said, "My daughter speaks with a wisdom that is beyond her age," and that was like Pocahontas living up to her dead mother's name, because her mother was wise too and Pocahontas' father had always wished his daughter would grow up to be like her mother. That was kind of a poignant moment. Triv was funny, when I told her how she should have left with John. She was like, yeah she's only really needed there to pick corn anyway, so she should have left with him. LMAO.

Okay, over that. I also caught the Singapore versus Liverpool match yesterday evening. I guess it's kind of expected that we'd be annihilated by them. But it was poor effort on the Lions' part, imo. They didn't even seem to put in any effort. You could tell they totally thought, we're going to lose anyway, so what the heck. I mean, even if you lost, you could still put up a good fight, like Thailand, RIGHT?? The players ran so slowly, always defending, never attacking, and several times, they even passed to the wrong person. My dad laughed his butt off during those times. It was really funny; you'd have to watch it to get it. And that 'tap' by Fernando Torres just takes the cake. I mean, when Alonso made his move, it was obvious he wasn't aiming for the net. Why did the bloody goalkeeper still try to save it? So he left the net wide open and allowed Torres to 'tap' - that's the word they used - the ball in. Tap. Implies 'piece of cake'. I bet they must be laughing their asses off at how much we suck. Ah well. I've never watched an entire football match, so I never knew the players swopped jerseys at the end of the game. Personally, I think it's disgusting. Exchanging sweat. Ugh. But if it's Fernando Torres' sweat, I'd gladly have it. He was, duh, amazing. Those beautiful doe eyes, that smile. His wife is one lucky girl. And his baby daughter looks like an angel. I hope she has her father's eyes.

Oh, Fernando.

No comments :