Wednesday, December 04, 2013

The 5 crazy things I did because of my crush

So I came across this post on Material World today, where the beauty/fashion/lifestyle website founder Deborah shared TEN (OMG, I applaud her bravery) of the crazy, silly things she did because of her crush.

So I thought I'd share five (just five - I might die of embarrassment if I reveal any more, though my friends can probably dole out a few more) of mine:


1. Creepy staring
Hear me out. The rational behind this is actually totally sane. It's an attempt to brainwash the poor guy into thinking he likes me. Like, "Hmm, maybe if I stare long enough he'll realise what a great catch I am and trip over himself in his hurry to ask me out. You're in love with me. You're in love with me. YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH ME, DAMMIT."

 photo possum_zps48bd9293.gif



2. Finding common ground
"He likes fruit juice - I do too! He blinks every five seconds - I do too! He throws his head back when he laughs - that is SO me!"

 photo deanwinchesteromg_zps70ddefec.gif

So basically, everything we share in common is reason why we are SOULMATES and should totally get together already!



3. Time-table planning
Me to friend: "At 11:05:46 a.m., he will walk through that hallway. So we have to be there at 11:05:47 and look like we just happened to bump into him. Hurryyyy!" Upon which I would drag my friends to that exact spot in the hallway and act all breezy and go:

 photo katyperryawkwardwink_zps4c38f4eb.gif

And:

 photo ronweasleyfailwave_zps3233fcc4.gif



4. Sneaky glances
This is not to be confused with creepy staring. Sneaky glances are when he already knows of your existence and is experiencing that chill down the nape of his neck, so you have to be strategic in your looking. And make sure your friends don't stare too!

 photo becool_zps9f6b14b8.gif

After you make off with a hard-won glimpse of him, you can share a subtle conspiratorial look with your friend.


Or maybe one that's not so subtle:




5. Code names
From fruits to anatomical parts (we keep it clean, though), my friends and I give that guy a secret name that only makes sense to us. We DO NOT use his real name. Except in scribbled notes we pass among ourselves in class, and destroy entirely and thoroughly by the time the bell rings.

 photo shutup_zps75d00bed.gif



* (Bonus) 6. And of course, the requisite freakout session when he replies your text message or says hi to you in the cafeteria.

 photo freakout2_zps53806b04.gif

 photo freakout_zpsfe996763.gif


 photo freakout3_zpsb7c87889.gif


Wow. I realise a belated apology is due. To all my ex-crushes (though you may not know who you are because I'm sneaky that way), I'm sorry for the psychological trauma I must have put you through. You gave me sweet, sweet memories of my school life, although I'm the one who has to live with the embarrassment now.

3 comments :

Whiskoffee said...

You are so adorable. :)
P.S. I am not a stalker. -.-"

Joyce C said...

@Whiskoffee Purr: If by adorable you mean weird, then yeap that's me. Haha!

Whiskoffee said...

Show us ur scowling look. Its priceless! :p