Monday, May 04, 2009

Isn't swimming just the most wonderful sport ever? I just love the coolness of the water, the way it ripples past you when you swim, and the feel of your muscles when you pull the water back. Mmm, delishhh. Plus, it totally clears your mind. When I swim, I don't have to think about anything but how good the water feels against my skin. I'm so addicted to it.

Anyway, I just caught X Men Origins with my dad yesterday evening after work. I wasn't really keen on watching it initially, because there wasn't much eye candy and the entire show was about Wolverine. I mean, I love Hugh Jackman - he's charismatic, he's a good actor, he seems like a great guy, how he dotes on his daughter, and he's very down-to-earth - but he's a little out of my age range, you know? But dad's paying, so whatever. It turned out good, actually. Hugh did well, as usual. He displayed a gamut of raw emotions, but didn't overdo it. Plus, because he's so beefy, he looks credible as Wolverine, the strongest mutant ever (until the Wade-reincarnation came along, that is, but more on that later).

So as I watched the movie, out comes Ryan Reynolds, who was the main character in the romcom Definitely, Maybe (also starring Rachel Weisz, Isla Fisher and some other girl, whatever). When I first saw him, I didn't think he was all that cute. Like, a grade B+ maybe? (Jensen's A+, by the way - no on else is.) But you should really check out Reynolds' biceps in Origins. It's insane. It was those biceps that caught my eye first - I was like, omg, check out those arms of his! - and then he did that crazy twirling thing with his precious swords and killed of a whole room of bodyguards. And I'm sold. Ryan Reynolds is officially hot in my book.

Gambit, played by Taylor Kitsch, is okay. For all the drooling and anticipation from the girls at Seventeen, Cleo, and First magazines, I'd expected a little more. Taylor looks like a cross between James Franco and Ben Barnes. Which is cute if you're into them. But I'm not. But he was okay as Gambit.

Okay. Enough horniness.

After the SMRT interview last week, I didn't get the job after all. I'm fine with it, really. But that means I'd have to work at Robinsons during its May sale (from the 7th to the 27th). And suddenly I don't feel like working there at all.

Maybe the bottomline is just that I don't want to work.

Come on, I have stuff to do! I just don't get paid.

And this, my friends, takes us back to the proverbial root of all evil. Isn't barter trading so much simpler? We wouldn't have any financial crisis at all. And I'd be able to write in peace until 3 August without being forced (okay, exaggeration here, since dad didn't force me to) go out and serve people to get paid 5 bucks per hour.

No comments :